Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thing #3

I really like a lot of the tools Google offers its users in the way of publishing, researching, and exploring. I did not know about the Google patents and that's fun - I looked up the patents for toilets and dog dishes. One could use this site to construct a program for children about strange inventions. Or, I think kids would just be interested in knowing when the first ....fill in the blank... was invented. It would be a great tie in with the Ben Franklin programming this summer.

I see lots of kids and teens using the Google Maps street view to look at neighborhoods. It's a pretty incredible thing to be able to look up your house and see it on the computer screen. Well, it's incredible for me, but it might be that for this current generation, things like that are becoming commonplace and expected. I also love traveling virtually to ther countries using the satillete view and Google Earth.

Overall, I think I should spend more time exploring Google's fleet of products. And I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment